Words from the President
I am pleased to inform you that our company continues to be the leading distributor in the European market and by far the biggest distributor in Acrylic and Methacrylic monomers and related products to the coatings, water treatment, polymers, detergent and many other industries, not only throughout the whole Europe but also in Latin America, Middle East and Africa.
We serve our customers with more than 150 different products from our own local stocks in Rotterdam and Antwerp. According to the annual rating of the worlds leading distributors of chemical products of ICIS magazine for 2017, ECEM is No. 28 in the TOP 100 of the best distributors in Europe and No. 53 in the world!
Our business is very successful, showing a growth of 12 to 20% every year, and we expect the same growth this year. All achieved by a close team of 50 skilled people in The Netherlands, Japan, Brazil, Great Britain, USA and backed by a strong financial position with triple A credit rating, much appreciated by suppliers and customers.
ECEM was founded in 1981 and has since become an independent and major international distributor of chemical products.
In a nutshell
We represent the interests of more than 20 major multinational chemical producers, with a package of complementary products, directed to industry segments such as: Acrylic Resin, UV Curing, Coatings, Adhesives, Polyurethanes, Polyesters, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics and Food and Feed industries.
- We have in Amsterdam a dedicated sales and logistics team of 50 people to serve our customers
- Markets served are coatings and resin industry, present in all EU countries, central Europe, Middle east
- Sales from own stocks ex Antwerp bulk storage tanks and warehouses
- Independent and privately owned
- Subsidiary offices in Tokyo, Sao Paulo, New York, Shanghai and Manchester
- We offer a unique one stop shopping and logistics concept and we always keep customer service as our main business
ECEM provides its customers directly from their own supplies from storage locations and tank terminals.
All marketing, sales and logistics operations are coordinated from our headquarters in Amsterdam. We also have sales offices in Manchester, Barcelona, Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Sao Paolo which gives us the ability to deliver our products worldwide.
- Privately owned company, financially independent and profitable company since 1981
- Flat organization with short decisions line
- Skilled and experienced staff
- Best established distributor in the monomer market
- Largest monomer portfolio
- Flexible and responsive logistics department
- Committed to 100% OTIF (On Time In Full) deliveries
- Transparent relationships with manufacturers and customers
- Specialized In-house developed marketing software to meet customer demands
- Structured order process control meeting customer requirements
- Specific delivery instructions outlined with customer demands
- Quality control to comply with customer specific quality demands
- Stock and supply chain management
- Ability to import supplier data
- Flexible storage terminal
- Warehouse in partnership agreement
- Bulk storage
- Drumming installation
- Consignment stocks
- Returnable IBCs
- 8 own ISO tanks for dedicated transport
- Over 100 returnable IBCs
- All major products Reach registered
- Several local storage facilities
As distributors of a wide range of Acrylic, Methyacryl and Hydroxy monomers as well as a range of complementary specialties, we have an unparalleled commercial and logistical knowledge of these specific chemicals.
Responsible and open marketing
Customer service is our main business and we are proud of our strong links with our customers and suppliers. We believe in a transparent long-term cooperation with our principals and customers, combined with a high logistics, marketing and service level.
- Skilled specialized sales teams on countries and/or area. Multilingual customer approach
- Key account managers for large multinational customers
- Product management / coordination centralized in Amsterdam with direct international contacts
- Reach registration for all major monomers
- Over 73 KT of products distributed, mainly acrylic and methacrylic monomers
- Over 30 KT distributed in drum and IBCs
- Over 600 end-customers served
- Largest range of monomers available ex stock
- Ability to supply small customized and combined deliveries in different packaging
- Supply by means of consignment stock
- High market knowledge with more then 37 years experience in the monomers market
- E-SDS available for all products